This project has received funding from the European Union’s 7th Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 320021
eHealth stakeholders from business, academia, healthcare, patient organisations and public bodies, came together in at Medicon Village, Skåne on December 4, to discuss the business opportunities for eHealth.
The READi for Health team presented their results to the audience of over 120 participants, highighting Skåne’s strengths and opportunities for the successful development and promotion of eHealth, along with the identified unmet needs and barriers still to be addressed.
eHealth entrepreneurs and companies within the healthcare-, ICT-, MedTech- and pharmaceutical sectors presented their projects and discussed success factors for innovation and product development.
The panel discussion covered key topics including security and integrity of health care data, concept testing and access to test beds, business models, partnership with customers to ensure fulfilment of customer needs and sustainable solutions, as well as the importance of cross-disciplinary project teams.
Over 90% of the participants said they were going to be working in eHealth within 1 year and expected to still be working in the field within 5 years.
The event was arranged by READi for Health Skåne, in collaboration with ClinTrials Skåne AB and Medicon Village.
All presentations are available here:
· "READi for Health", Helena Wiedling Fernandes and Ann Tronde
· “Stroke telemedicine”, Magnus Esbjörnsson, Region Skåne
· “Partnering up for innovative use of surveillance technology in healthcare“, WillySagefalk, Axis and Fred Kjellson, ClinTrials Skåne AB
· “Lund Life Science Incubator – a resource for eHealth and MedTech”, Dan Mogren, Lund Life Science Incubator
· “The committed patient” Richard Laurits, eDiabeat
· “Bringing research to market”, Benjamin Suhr, Mobile Fitness
· “mHealth – a tool to improve treatment outcome”, Magnus Jörntén- Karlsson, AstraZeneca
Check the Photo Gallery of the event here
|© 2013 Readi for Health - Developing and Promoting eHealth innovation|